Saturday, December 20, 2008

Bye Bye Pier 21 :(

Today is my last day at Pier 21...temporalily anyways. It feels so unbelievably strange to me how fast this work term went by.

I'm really going to miss this place. It has truely impacted my life and I couldn't have asked for a better experience, and a better group of people to work with. Not only did I get my feet wet in terms of event coordination, but I had a blast with everyone here and have made some good friends as well. So much food, laughter and learning experience....what a term! Its weird to think this is my last work term. I feel so accustomed to thinking ahead and preparing myself for another one, but after the next two semesters of school...I'M DONE...!! ahhh scary but exciting.

Christmas is 5 days away....I can't believe it. It feels like ever since college, Christmas just creeps up on me. It feels so different from the old days where there was such a build up to it. Feels like ever since i came to the mount that all of a sudden it'll be the day before Christmas and I'm here feeling like the time FLEW BY.

Its been a decently busy week. Lots of Xmas parties and gatherings with all my work people...tons of fun. One thing is for sure, I've eaten more awesome food on this work term then any other. Workign with different cultures really exsposes you to different foods and thats pretty awesome.

Last night I got together with Ashley, Danielle and Andrea - who I haven't seen in at least a year! We all went to the Marquee to see the Tom Fun Orchestra. The name dosen't lie...it was such a fun time! It seems liek the 4 of us always fit so well when we get together after having not seen eachother for a while. Its almost like we never left. I had a blast....gotta love the company and tried and true friends.

Anyways, i'm off to get back to work, to finsih up some stuff on my last day.

Though its not goodbye, I'm pretty sad to be leaving this routine I got so used to.

Till next time,

Cheers!

No comments: